Frequently Asked Questions
What is an eBook?
Short for “electronic book”, an eBook is a digital book that you read on a computer, tablet, smart phone or other electronic reading device. Suburbia Press eBooks use Adobe PDF format to maintain the design and layout of each page.
How do I read my eBook?
Most electronic devices have free software to read PDF files, as they’re quite popular. For instance:
- Adobe Reader is a free app on Windows and Mac
- iPhone and iPad users can add PDF eBooks in iTunes, read from a link in e-mail, or use a 3rd party PDF reader available in the iTunes Store.
- eReaders, such as Amazon’s Kindle or the Barnes & Noble Nook can read PDF eBooks
- Adobe Reader is available for free in the Android Market for Android smart phones and tablets.
- If you prefer reading on paper, you can print the eBook to read it and scribble notes about things you learned.
How do I buy an eBook?
We use Paypal to process and accept payments from major credit cards or your checking account. Suburbia Press will never see your financial information. Once the payment is accepted, you receive an e-mail with a URL to download your eBook.
What about Digital Rights Management (DRM) on the ebooks?
Suburbia Press does not use any DRM on its eBooks. You can move them from one device to another, keep a backup copy or print them.
What if I lose my eBook?
Download it again! We understand that sometimes electronic systems can fail or gobble up your electronic files. If you paid for the eBook, you may download it again should something happens to your original file. The URL we sent to you by e-mail will work. If you lost your e-mail with the download link, use the Contact page to let us know to look up your information and provide a new URL.